The first difference you will notice about your initial appointment at our office is the time we take to talk with you. We feel that it is important to really get to know our patients, their concern, wants, fears and desire for their over-all dental health and their smile. We choose to begin this portion of the appointment in our conference room where patients can sit and talk with us eye to eye and relax before going back to a treatment room.
The physical portion of the visit may include:
• Thorough exam of teeth checking for any sign of decay, wear, cracks or breakage.
• Periodontal (gum) exam checking for any signs of periodontal disease.
• A manual oral cancer screening is performed looking for any suspicious spots or lumps. • An occlusal exam is completed checking the bite (how the teeth fit together).
• Jaw muscle palpation to check for any tightness or soreness in the jaw joint. and surrounding muscles.
• X-rays will be taken if indicated
• Diagnostic photos
The exam will conclude with us explaining any findings, possible treatment options and education on oral health home care.
For some patients, it can be an emotional event. However, we have helped many phobic patients renew their faith in dentistry and achieve the smile of their dreams. Should you have any questions or concerns before your appointment, please do not hesitate to call.